nothing much here

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Changing Attitudes

Life became so much more enjoyable when I changed my attitudes. Even burdens and troublesome situations can become joyful times when a positive attitude is taken up. A prime example would be the school camp I just painfully survived.

Outdoor education is a huge obstacle for me especailly with the 50 km hike with a 30 kg rucksack but it became a happy experience with my friends when I decided not to complain once and smile at life. The trees began to fill with colour and the wind became refreshing to me as I trudged up and down the monotonous hills. I started to appreciate God's creation of The Grampians and even so a most spectacular sunrise where the sun appeared pink at first and there was a sea of clouds below it. Also seen was the Aurora Sunset which is a glowing turquoise colour. It is said to appear every eight years! I still dread camps but somewhere deep inside me, I enjoy it.

Even when I'm tired now, I am able to be cheerful and live with joy!

7 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for phil! haha how was hiking? i think i've done something similar last yr . . and it was tiring as anything!

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger hungry said...

LoL.... but somewhere deep inside me, I enjoy it ... LoL... WE CAN ALL RELATE TO THAT... DID YOU TAKE ANY PHOTOs??

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger p.l. said...

I wish I took a few photos. The view was so breathtaking!

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger - jaz. said...

awesome, awesome! i love camps.. just the ability they have to whisk you away to another time and space.. away from it all. ahh, lovely.

mm i remember you telling me about camp, haha.. really, is it that bad? maybe i ought to try hiking 50km carrying my house on my back [snail style?] before i say anything though. ^^ glad to hear you enjoyed it.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger p.l. said...

You do not want to try hiking. Trust me. I know from experience.

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger g. said...

hey well done. all i can say is i'm glad mhs doesn't make students go on 50km hikes. (probably coz all the azn parents would complain)

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger hungry said...

LoL... I CAN IMAGINE THE ASIAN FOLKS... "WHY SHOULD MY SON GO ON A HIKE WHEN HE CAN BE STUDYING?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home