nothing much here

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

>>[Holidays]<<

Wassup peoples!

I have not been doing much during the holidays so far except maths and more maths and a bit of table tennis and movies but yeah, maths. According to my mum, learning maths methods (doing methods 3+4 at the moment) and specialists maths now will save me time during the VCE "studying period" because I can spend more time studying other stuff eg. ummm...chemistry, physics, english and so on and so forth. Such pressure when I'm in year 9 is unbearable (just saying it to make myself sound more hardworking) but it is for the good of myself in a few years time.

Also, I went to my first piano lesson in nearly a year! I learnt a piece (Ballade No.3 Op.47 by Chopin) by myself and wanted it to get even better by taking a lesson with a freakishly good pianist who has won many money prizes worth probably a couple of thousand dollars each. That was when I realized that I was no where near up to scratch. =( . So I'll have to keep practising.

Youth Camp is coming up and I am very excited! (finally)

AND

The Call is coming up and I am very excited! (nearly finally)


2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger hungry said...

HAHAAAHAAA... POOR YOU...

TOO SMART FOR YOUR OWN GOOD :P

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Timothy said...

...revelation into the individual aspects of their lives... and it does not fail to deliver. To comprehensively explicate the chapter in consideration, we shall partition the five page chapter into the first memory involving the gunning of the boat, the second memory pertaining to the nostalgic trip back to Cape Breton and thirdly, the narrative strand itself.

The memory concerning the rainbow is very much one that deals with the issue of leadership and flawed idealism. The theme of leadership is evident throughout the many generations of the clan –just as Grandpa was the lead goose, so Calum’s father’s time will come, and then it will be passed on to Calum. The abrupt end to his father’s life means that the position of leadership defaults to Calum and though each generation is supposed to pass on as much of the tradition and ancestry as possible, this has now been cut short, for they have “both ran out of time”. This gap in passing the heritage down the generations was bound to happen at one time or another, be it in a space of a year or five generations, and it leads us to the realisation that as time progresses, modernity is creeping up upon ancestry and that one day, it will overtake it. Such is the gravity of the situation faced by the MacDonald clan. Also, little Colin’s comment noting that their “pot of gold must be at the bottom of the ocean” seems to signify their fated...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home